HOW TO CLEANSE
Whether you’re new to juice cleansing or you’re a seasoned pro, we want to help you make the most of your experience. Each cleanse can be tailored to your individual needs – choose from three different cleanses or customize your own! Each cleanse consists of six, 16-ounce organic juices per day that are cold-pressed, bottled immediately.
Adding 100% raw, organic juice to your diet is the best way to boost nutrition and bring your body back to a healthy starting point. Our cleanses take clean eating a step further by giving your digestive system a much deserved break, while simultaneously eliminating toxins and flooding your body with powerful nutrients and antioxidants.
3 Days Pre-Cleanse:
- Start each day with a glass of warm water, the juice of one lemon, and a half-teaspoon of cayenne (optional) to purify your body before the cleanse begins. This opens the circulatory system and alkalizes bodily fluids to aid in the detoxification process.
- Hydration is key to a successful cleanse! We recommend drinking 2 liters (that’s about 8 glasses) of water per day. Proper hydration will aid in the transport of nutrients through your body once your cleanse starts.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine in order to rid your body of all acidic products. If you find that completely eliminating caffeine is too difficult, you can substitute green tea for coffee.
- Start incorporating more fruits & vegetables into your diet today. Adding raw food to your diet will increase your enzyme consumption, resulting in improved digestions and an increase in energy.
- Stray away from animal products such as meat, fish, eggs and dairy from pre-cleanse through post-cleanse. Animal products are more taxing on your digestive tract than plant based foods. By removing any unnecessary burdens placed on your digestive system, your body will be ready to kick cleansing into high gear.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet. A good rule of thumb is, if you can’t pronounce an ingredient or don’t know what it is, it will only add to the toxic burden placed on your body. Watch out for junk foods that label their product with marketing buzzwords like “natural”. If it’s not grown in the ground or picked from a tree, then it’s most likely processed in a food manufacturing facility.
Congratulations! You’ve started your cleanse and opened yourself up to the healing benefits of juicing.
- Each day will begin with the first morning juice. Your cleanse pack will include information on the order in which to drink your juices that day. Certain nutrients are better equipped to jump start your day, while others are better at preparing you for a restful night’s sleep. It’s important to stay on top of your juices – try to drink a juice about every 2 to 2.5 hours throughout the day, finishing your last juice about 2 hours before you go to bed. Drinking 6 juices a day can feel like a lot for some people, but skipping juices will leave you hungry and may result in your blood sugar crashing. So, even if you don’t feel hungry try to stick to the schedule and drink your next consecutive juice on time.
- We recommend a 100% juice cleanse because eating slows down the cleansing process. However, if you feel like you need to eat during your juice cleanse, choose organic fruits, vegetables or soaked nuts and seeds.
Here are a few things to keep in mind that will help your system stay in tip-top shape and eliminate toxins in the most effective way:
- Continue drinking 8 glasses of water a day! We can’t stress this enough… water will act as a carrier for all the unwanted debris and toxins that are leaving your cells during the cleanse.
- Get outside and take a walk, go to a yoga class or do some stretching and deep breathing at home. Light to moderate exercise will accelerate your lymphatic and circulatory systems, delivering all those wonderful nutrients to the different organs and tissues.
- Break a sweat! Sweating is an efficient way to eliminate toxins that have built up in the body over time. Enjoy a sauna, take a hot bath or try jumping rope for a few minutes to generate heat on a cellular level.
- Eliminate waste – it is not uncommon during a cleanse to see a decrease in elimination. Less in = less out! However, it is important to listen to the signals your body is sending. If you are experiencing any symptoms of detox, such as nausea, but you have not eliminated waste from your intestines, you may need to encourage elimination. We recommend first trying an herbal tea that targets healthy elimination or an herbal laxative such as Senna. Enemas and colonics also encourage elimination while maintaining a healthy colon.
Be sure to get ample rest and take care of your body. Remember, while your digestive system is getting a lighter load, your body is adjusting to clean nutrients while simultaneously ridding itself of all the junk that has built of over the years. That’s a lot going on at once and can sometimes feel a little overwhelming. Taking time for relaxation and treating yourself to activities such as message or reflexology can help.
3 Days Post-Cleanse:
You made it! You’ve hit the reset button on your system and have done a wonderful thing for your body. Now is the time to maximize the effects of your cleanse and keep yourself moving towards whole health. Keep in mind that you are still in detox mode when you leave a cleanse. Drink plenty of water and gently reintroduce whole foods into your diet starting with smoothies, salads, soups, juices and herbal teas. Avoid all processed foods and animal products, as this will only repopulate your system with the ‘bad stuff’ that you worked so hard to rid your body of during the cleanse. Be sure to monitor your symptoms in the days following a cleanse. You have given yourself an amazing opportunity to identify any potential food sensitivities at this time. If you suspect you may have a sensitivity to gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy or anything else, cautiously add these foods back into your diet one at a time and monitor any symptoms that may arise. By adding one food at a time back into your diet, you will be able to identify if any of these common foods may be a trigger for you.